1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Paper mainly, but sometimes bags & then there's the stockings...
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial when I lived at home, real when s was around, now we have lots of real ones round us, but I can't get any home; with lots of dogs & a small house, (although this year the sitting room is usable ~ finally) we have a teeny tiny wooden 1 I can keep out of puppy range, including Wolfie range!
3. When do you put up the tree?
Because the wooden tree has 24 ornaments to put on it, usually we start on 1st Dec, but that will wait until the weekend this year ~ an Advent Tree. The rest go up between 20th & 24th.
4. When do you take the tree down?
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Lucy, a doll from my Grandmother from Lucerne, books
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Used to be my father until I found an unending supply of gift idea for him ~ OS maps! Now my sister.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Now Dad, though Annon + Books is easy
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Mine & Annon's are still packed in the container. Annon's was a gift from her Godmother, mine I inherited from a priest
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail ~ I'm still painting them, so some may be late. I wonder if people realise that mine are hand drawn or painted (my parents didn't, but now I'm a commissioned artist, they may take more notice!)
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Pen that didn't work, jumper that was made of a yarn to which I'm allergic ~ elder daughter swiped it & other childer took all the other gifts for me from that person
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
13. When do you start shopping? When I see things I think people may like. Had a load of presents on order for months ~ awaiting bank to get off its backside & let me have my renewed debit card. till waiting 4 months after old 1 expired & 3 months after they promised I'd have it soon...
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Bread sauce, stuffing, & mince pies & brandy butter, but not at the same time!
16. Lights on the tree?
Not on wooden 1, but used to on real 1
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Ring Out Solstice Bells, but that's not really Christesmas! O Tyred Di Emmaniwel, except that's the only line I can remember in Welsh, Stille Nacht, Boar's Head, Gaudete, Stop the Cavalry......
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home ~ can't travel now with so many animals
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
No ~ I get my childer & dogs' names muddled!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star on wooden
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
After breakfast, even if people don't get up until the afternoon. Stockings can be opened on waking
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Starting far too early now; overt commercialism
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like red & green, but don't stick to any theme or colour
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
I can't eat furry/feathery meat any more, but I used to boil a ham, score the skin, add whole cloves into the crosses & cover in honey, wrap in foil & cook in oven. I've found a lovely parsnip roulade that has sage & onion stuffing in it & my childer love my cheese & onion "sausage" rolls
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I wanted a dvd cleaner, but ended up buying 1 as I know I wouldn't get it otherwise. Because I live away from my family, presents have to be sorted either in October or April, so I know what I've got. My sister bought me a butcher's trolley for Christesmas & my birthday, which is very useful & I wanted one ~ storage & work surfaces here are non existent compared to my last kitchen. I'm allowed to use it early & while with the babies around I'm not using it as planned, it is being used to keep things interesting to tiny puppies out of sight & reach.